By Johanna Soet Buzolits, Ph.D., RYT
Yoga Nidra is a guided meditation practice that is also called “yogic sleep” or “sleep with awareness.” It is designed to bring your body into a state of relaxation, and your mind into a deep meditative state of consciousness.
Heart of Compassion
by Johanna Soet Buzolits, Ph.D., RYT
This guided meditation seeks to develop our compassion — both for ourselves and others. Using a mudra (hand gesture) as well as breath and visualization we seek to support our heart chakra and nurture our sense of compassion, honoring our wise, intuitive self and the wise, intuitive selves of others.
- Mudras for Healing and Transformation. (2014) Le Page, J & L.
- Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga: Reclaiming your Body. (2010) Emerson, D. & Hopper E.
- The iRest Program for Healing PTSD: A Proven-Effective Approach to Using Yoga Nidra Meditation and Deep Relaxation Techniques to Overcome Trauma. (2015) Miller, R. and Sdhoomaker, E.
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga in Therapy: Bringing the Body into Treatment. (2105) Emerson, D.
- Yoga for Depression.: A Compassionate Guide to Relieve Suffering Through Yoga. (2003). Weintraub, A.
- Yoga Skills for Therapists: Effective Practices for Mood Management. (2012) Weintraub, A.
- Full Catastrophe Living (Revised Edition, 2013): Using the Wisdom of Your Body and
Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness, Kabat-Zinn, J. and Hanh, T.N.
- Mindfulness/Meditation: The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation. (1999) Hanh, T.N.
- Thoughts and Feelings: Taking Control of Your Moods and Your Life. (2011) McKay, Davis, & Fanning.
- The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook: Practical DBT Exercises for Learning Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation & Distress Tolerance. (2007) McKay, Wood, & Brantley.
Recovery from toxic relationships:
- Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers. (2009) McBride.
- Rethinking Narcissism: The Secret to Recognizing and Coping with Narcissists. (2016) Malkin.
- Stop Caretaking the Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama and Get On with Life. (2014) Fjelstad.
- Healing from a Narcissistic Relationship: A Caretaker’s Guide to Recovery, Empowerment, and Transformation. (2017) Fjelstad.
- In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness. (2010) Levin, P.
- Trauma and the Body: A Sensorimotor Approach to Psychotherapy (2006), Ogden, P. et. al.
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma (2014) Van der Kolk, B.
- Trauma Stewardship: An Everyday Guide to Caring for Self While Caring for Others, (2009) Laura Van Dermot Lipsky.