My favorite thing in the world to do is to talk with people, and I’m nothing if not easy to talk to! In my world, there’s nothing too terrible or shameful to talk about. My goal as a therapist is to help my clients to see themselves and their circumstances in new ways. There is always hope for a new beginning and we will find it together.
As a humanistic psychotherapist, I come from the point of view that every human being has within them a great potential and that given the proper conditions for growth, that potential will unfold naturally. My job is to help my clients cultivate those ideal conditions in the therapy office and in their lives.
The conditions I provide are:
- A safe and judgement-free zone.
- A commitment to tell you the truth, in a forward, yet compassionate and gentle manner. After all, the truth shall set us free!
- An orientation that it is the birthright of every human being to be fully seen, understood and to experience life with sense of worthiness and security.
- A commitment to my own personal growth and self-examination, so that I may be as sane and at peace as possible. Peace is contagious!
I have experience working with the following modalities and issues:
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- LGTBQIA+ Issues
- Minority / Racial identity
- Addiction Recovery and 12-Step Programs
- Death, Dying and Grieving
- Changes in Spiritual and Religious Identity
- Spiritual and Religious Trauma
- Recognizing and Recovering from Sexual Abuse
I am graduate of the Michigan School of Psychology, originally called The Center for Humanistic Studies. My practice is based in the practical application of existential-humanistic psychotherapy.
Contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or text or call me at (248) 504-2275.
The State of Michigan permits a Temporary Limited Licensed Psychologist to practice under the supervision of a Michigan Licensed Psychologist. Contact Ben for detailed information regarding supervision.